What kinds of things do Big Noise Volunteers do?
Our volunteers support the Big Noise musicians in a variety of valuable ways, including:
- Helping children stay focused and engaged during music lessons
- Walk children from school to Big Noise
- Helping set up for rehearsals and music lessons
- Supervise children during snack times, breaks, time-out etc.
- Crafting activities
- Story-telling activities
- and much more...
What do we look for in our volunteers?
- People who enjoy being round children and have a good sense of fun
- Flexibility and an ability to cope under pressure
- The desire to be involved in a programme which is positive, ambitious and worthwhile
- Good disposition, heaps of energy, interest in learning something new
- Passion and belief in the potential of children to amaze us and to achieve incredible things
Do I need to have any musical experience?
No. As a volunteer you are not required to have any musical experience.
When are volunteers required?
We are looking for people who can make a significant commitment in terms of time to the project. This could either be at least one afternoon a week throughout the school year, or most weekday mornings throughout the school holidays. Of course we would be delighted if you could offer more time than this, as regular participation will help build relationships with the children.
Do I require a reference?
As this post involves working with young children, references will be taken up, and Protecting Vulnerable Group checks will be required for all applicants.
Will I receive training?
Yes. As a Big Noise volunteer you will receive excellent training, and the chance to experience this ground breaking project first hand.