We work with over 2500 children across our nursery musicianship programme, special educational needs programme, Primary 1 and 2 orchestral initiation programme and after-school orchestra. We also deliver excursions, and fun events like ‘Take a Musician Home for Tea’. Volunteers help our musicians deliver all this.
Complete this form to volunteer now!
Do you have what it takes?
- The desire to be involved in a programme which is positive, ambitious and worthwhile
- Good disposition, heaps of energy, interest in learning something new
- Passion and belief in the potential of children to amaze us and to achieve incredible things
We are looking for people who love being around children, who cope well under pressure, who are flexible, and who have a good sense of fun. No musical experience necessary...
What duties are involved?
- Helping children stay focussed during music lessons
- Walking children from school to Big Noise
- Setting up for rehearsals
- Supervising children during snack times, breaks, time-out etc.
Volunteers would be supporting Big Noise musicians in setting up and packing away the orchestra, socialising with and supervising children in the break times, and being present during music sessions. It would also be great to have volunteers who can offer additional activities for the children such as story telling or craft. In return, you will receive excellent training, and the chance to experience this ground breaking project first hand.
When are volunteers required?
We are looking for people who can make a significant commitment in terms of time to the project. This could either be at least one afternoon a week throughout the school year, or most weekday mornings throughout the school holidays. Of course we would be delighted if you could offer more time than this, as regular participation will help build relationships with the children.
As this post involves working with young children, references will be taken up, and Protecting Vulnerable Group checks will be required for all applicants.