Sistema Scotland has been subject to three independent research studies which look at the impact of our Big Noise Programmes on the children who participate.
The latest study looked at Big Noise Torry in Aberdeen which was set-up in 2015. Researchers found that Big Noise Torry is a large scale, high quality social intervention which is already positively impacting on the children's lives.
Click here to read more.
Through their research, the Glasgow Centre for Population Health found that there are seven main areas of a child’s life that can be positively affected by attending Big Noise.
- Educational: Concentration, listening, co-ordination, language development, school attendance, school outcomes.
- Life Skills: Problem solving, decision-making, creativity, determination, self-discipline, leadership.
- Emotional: Happiness, security, pride, self-esteem, emotional intelligence, an emotional outlet, resilience.
- Social: Social mixing, social skills, cultural awareness, diverse friendships, strong friendships, support networks.
- Musical: Strong instrument skills, reading music, performance skills, music career options, access to other music organisations.
- Physical: Healthy snacks, opportunities for games/ exercise, creating healthy habits for adulthood.
- Protection: Someone to confide in, calm environment, safe environment, reduced stress.
Click here to download the full infographic.
The GCPH will continue to track the impact of the work long term