When a Big Noise programme starts in an area, we primarily work with the primary school children. However it is very apparent that Big Noise is about the whole community.
From birth to retirement, we try and offer a wide range of programmes and activities for everyone to become involved, no matter what your background or musical experience.
Our pre-orchestra programme begins with Baby Noise. A FREE weekly child and parent programme for the residents of Raploch. This play-oriented session is for new-born to nursery children accompanied by a parent or carer* (*includes dads and grandparents)
- Movement games enhance physical development & coordination
- Listening activities build concentration and memory
- Familiar songs, games and rituals encourage children to listen and copy sounds
- Children develop early social skills such as choosing, taking turns and playing together
- Increased bonding time with your child as well as valuable social time with other parents
Baby Noise is at the Ochil Centre for all who live in Raploch from 10.00am every Thursday.
The Noise is a very well established ensemble. It is open to all anyone living or working in Raploch with members of the community, volunteers and staff from Big Noise and the schools. It is also very popular with parents and grandparents of children who are already part of the programme.
The Noise rehearse every Wednesday evening from 6.15 until 7.45pm in Raploch Community Campus.
Learn from a variety of symphony orchestra instruments or join the choir in a fun and relaxed environment.
No experience of reading music or playing an instrument is needed. Free tuition. Free instruments. Free fun!
Anyone interested in joining should contact Amanda on 01786 445707 or by email.